Ctrl + F is the shortcut in your browser or operating system that allows you to find words or questions quickly.
Ctrl + Tab to move to the next tab to the right and Ctrl + Shift + Tab to move to the next tab to the left.
On a phone or tablet, tap the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the window; Select "Find in Page" to search a question.Share Us
Sharing is Caring
It's the biggest motivation to help us to make the site better by sharing this to your friends or classmates.
The study of effective verbal, nonverbal, and digital communication skills, essential for successful personal and professional interactions in various contexts.
Dr. James J. Richards College President University of San France, Island Garden City of Samal
3. Miscommunication is the failure to effectively communicate ideas and intentions.
10. In the middle of the interview, John, the supervisor of company X, interrupts the employee. He then begins to mistreat the employee, claiming that people of Hispanic origin cannot compete with his employed men in the workplace, would only harm the company's image, and should therefore not be hired.
12. It is the process by which the message is interpreted by the receiver.
When is the communication process complete?
It is when communication is used to encourage people___
Which of the following statements about face-to-face communication is most accurate?
A group should adequately do the following functional requisites except for:
39. When speaking with a friend, Jane uses simple words and vocabulary as well as conversational language. She also avoids language that is flowery, ambiguous, or laden with jargon. What communication principle is being used?
24. It is a type of communication that has a large, diverse audience and requires specific media or technology to disseminate information.
What is communication without words?
It is used when the writer wishes to address the whole company but wants to bring it to the attention of a particular person in the company
The sentence is a two-way process of communication.
The opposite of junior is ___.
You need to wear formal clothes to attend a...
Remember this sentence because this will be shown only once as this will show for 5 items."Yesterday, Maria was listening to an instrumental music, Carlo talked to her, but Maria didn't hear him and Carlo walked out."Who was the receiver of the sentence?
It is the exchange of information by speech, signals or writing___
It is a process of exchanging of information, ideas, thoughts, feelings, and emotions through speech, writing, signals, and behavior.
There are times when simple communication won't work. What principle of communication is this?
If you get hurt at work, your _____ can cover your cost for seeing a doctor and getting treatment.
Sadly due the the new virus outbreak, the company must make the tough decision of cutting off some employees, these employees shall receive the news via....
The factors that affect the flow of communication.
Fill in the blank “The ________ of your voice identifies your personality and your mood.”
It is a cohesive and coherent collection of assertions, assumptions, and claims that further attempts to explain how and why communication is connected to the quality of judgments that groups make.
You have just been hired and having your training, you are a/an ...
Maria listened to an instrumental music that only means the situation was a Shannon-Weaver model.
38. When Joshua's essay on "Study from Home" was returned, he found the following phrases underlined: “A lot of teachers continue to serve due to the fact that they are committed to their profession.” The teacher then suggested: "Teachers continue to serve because of their commitment."What principle of communication is applied by the teacher?
These are graphic representations of the proposed elements included in the communication process.
Whose information is written in the letterhead part of the letter?
Once you have completed your undergraduate studies, you get a ___.
A synonym for professionalism is
21. It refers to anything that interferes with message transmission or reception.
All of us have the need to be heard.
He is a ___
Both the sender and receiver have 100% responsibility to ensure that the message is understood.
22. It is a type of communication that allows us to examine our own internal thoughts and feelings.
34. Effective senders create mental pictures for the receiver by using specific words, illustrations, and examples because general and abstract ideas will only confuse the receiver. What principle of communication is applied?
It means to translate a language into and idea
6. All interpretations by the receiver are influenced by their experiences, attitudes, knowledge, skills, perceptions, and culture.
27. Sheila is struggling to read and understand the learning module due to her poor eyesight. What kind of communication barrier is this?
What is the ideal number of participants for most groups?
A meeting agenda should include the date and place of the meeting, start and end times, a brief description of each topic with its time allotment, and_____.
Communication is a _____ process.
26. The surrounding environment such as high temperatures, sun glare, a dust storm, a lack of ventilation, heavy rainfall, and vibrations can all interfere with communication. What kind of barrier is this?
It is the act of sending and receiving messages to and from other members within a group of 3 or more people.
Groups that make better decisions also produce:
20. It is the failure to successfully communicate ideas or intentions as a result of flaws or obstacles in the communication process.
A diploma is a kind of ...
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary is making a progress report on a street improvement project that has been going on for two years. Members of the audience are reacting negatively that the project has taken so long. Who is the source in this situation?
If someone is sleepy during a seminar is a type of what barrier?
31. A patient who is unfamiliar with medical terminology was unable to understand what the doctor was saying. What kind of barrier is this?
You recently chaired a team implementing new federal confidentiality requirements. After implementation, you must evaluate each team member's performance. Which of the following suggestions about giving constructive criticism is not accurate?
1.Communication is an act of transferring information and messages from one person to another through any means.
32. What kind of communication barrier is status consciousness?
Which of the following statements about workplace criticism is most accurate?
Barrier is the factors that affect the flow of _____________.
35. Emily sent an email to the team informing them that there will be a meeting tomorrow. She did not, however, specify the time or location of the meeting, and there is no set agenda. The recipients of the email would have to write back or call Emily for clarification. What communication principle did Emily violate?
Professional behavior is comprised of six dimensions, including courtesy and respect, appearance and appeal, tolerance and tact, honesty and ethics, reliability and diligence, and____.
It hinders the participants of the communication process to understand one another
Your primary goal is to influence the thoughts, feelings, actions, and behaviors or attitudes of your listeners.
jobless = ?
15. It refers to the methods we use to communicate as well as the specific tools we use in the communication process.
Letters, memos, reports and notices are examples of which communication channel?
When the person receiving a message interprets it the same way the sender meant it, it is __________________ communication.
30. What type of communication barrier could result from daydreaming or having your thoughts elsewhere while someone is speaking to you?
True or False?Sometimes our body language can send a message that is different from what we meant to say.
14. An element of communication that is responsible for choosing a message to send, someone to send the message to, and a channel through which to send the message.
I am pleased to inform you that my paper titled “Content-Based Strategy with the use of technology” has been published in Online Journal of Language Studies on June 01, 2020. On this note, I would like to request your approval of my Journal Incentive for publications under our Faculty Development Program. The amount of such incentive is ₱50,143.00. Thank you for your usual support and continued efforts in building a research culture in our College.
11. It is the process of converting an idea into words, actions, or nonverbal methods to form a message.
It refers to the delivering of message without the use of words.
Communication can be expressed through words (non-verbal), actions (verbal), or both at the same time.
Carlo walked out.
18. This refers to the receiver's responses to the sender's message, which can be communicated verbally or nonverbally.
28. Jon is a Russian student at Putra Malaysia University. He offers his Malaysian female friend a handshake, but she declines. As a result, Jon is humiliated. He later discovered that women in Malaysia do not like to handshake men, as part of their cultural norm. What communication barrier arose during this brief interaction?
5. Except for smelling, nonverbal methods include eye contact, body language, and facial expression.
According to him even remarkably cohesive organizations might experience problems due to the members' experience of pressure to come to a consensus.
The researchers who are most strongly associated with the functional theory of efficient group decision-making.
8. A different tone can change the perceived meaning of a message.
It is the person whom the sender is communicating with.
Give one of the three forms of communication that can affect decision-making.
The audience in the auditorium were clapping their hands after the performance of the orchestra. What element of communication is featured in the scenario?
Jeff will be leading a virtual team meeting. What should he do to make certain that the meeting runs smoothly and professionally?
Verbal and Non-Verbal communication cannot be classified to In person and Virtual communication.
She is a ___.
To get this job, you need to be ___ in English and Cantonese.
A ____ helps you book hotel rooms and plane tickets for your trip.
The following statements describe communication except for one. Which is the odd one out?
These are the three works that have influenced the functional group communication theory roots.
29. What communication barrier exists when two people speak different languages and are therefore unable to communicate with each other?
Which among the the three major factors of interpersonal attraction suggests that we are drawn to other individuals because of a psychological fit.
23. It is a task-focused type of communication in which members of a group collaborate to achieve a specific purpose or goal.
Reviewing the process by which a group comes to a decision and, if indicated, reconsidering judgments reached is included in:
According to Uncle Ben, "With great power comes great responsibility."
37. When my friend described to me what happened that night, she cited the statements of witnesses. Before telling me this story, she confirmed these claims by asking the people involved if all of the information she has is true and accurate. What communication principle is being used here?
16. It is an element that provokes or causes the sender to initiate an interaction.
What is your first task before holding a meeting?
Which are the environmental noises?
The process of interpreting the encoded message of the speaker by the receiver
It is a process of communication in which it conceptualizes an idea in his mind before he is able to formula and organizes the message.
An effective business letter elicits the expected response from the reader. This can be achieved through _______. (CRA)
Which are the correct ones?
You should dress smart for your job interview to create a good ____.
It is when communication is used to control behavior___
33. Premature evaluation refers to the tendency to form an opinion or judgment before listening to the entire message. What communication barrier will exist if this occurs?
It refers to the idea transmitted by the sender to the receiver
Which statement about professionalism is most accurate?
Communication is a process of ___________ and conveying messages or information from one person to another.
You attend a job interview, you are a ___.
The Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte said on Monday, July 27, 2020 to the public that being in alliance with China keeps us safe from any war and conflict. What is the receiver used in the situation?
Charlie uses Facebook to disseminate information to his colleagues. What element of communication is Facebook on this situation?
Baldo went to a gift shop and asked the sales lady if they have a big teddy bear because he will be attending his classmate’s eighteenth birthday. The sales lady told Baldo that they do not have the item. In the situation, which conveys the feedback element of communication?
Using layman's terms is a barrier.
It is a reason why we join a group: Groups have reasons, purposes, and goals for existing that draws us to them.
25. It is a sender-focused communication in which a person shares information or gives a presentation in front of an audience in a public setting.
4. Rolling your eyes, raising your brows, or using sign language are not examples of communication.
SAMAL ISLAND CITY COLLEGE Datu Taganiog St., Brgy. Peṅaplata, IGaCoS (Tel No. 222-888) www.sicc.itracsamal.com
Our facial expressions, tone of voice, movement, appearance, eye contact, gestures, and posture are called _____________________.
19. It is the outcome of the encoding which takes the form of verbal or nonverbal language.
When you are 65 years old, you'll probaby ____.
He is a
Which of the following is the best advice to follow when receiving telephone calls for others?
You are a student, and you work for a company for a short period of time. You are an _______.
The responses, reactions, or information provided by the receiver.
Because today's technologies provide many alternate communication channels, face-to-face communication is no longer important in business and professional transactions.
What is communication?
It is a medium used to send the message.
An example of small group communication that is created to produce ideas or information, advocate a cause, or resolve an issue.
It is the final concept of the idea formulated by the sender.
We communicate with specific goals or outcomes in mind. What principle of communication is this?
We need to be responsible for everything that we think, say and do.
2. The receiver is responsible for selecting the most appropriate channel of communication.
During the meeting, two participants are having side comments that makes it difficult for others to focus on the agenda being discussed. What kind of element of communication is being portrayed?
The elements of communication.
Jue understands that soft skills and professional polish will ensure her long-term success on the job. Which of the following is not a soft skill?
What was the barrier of the situation?
40. This communication principle entails taking into consideration the viewpoints and feelings of the receiver of the message.
To apply for a job, you probably need to write an ____ letter.
You are in a meeting receiving your performance review and are surprised that your supervisor has offered you many suggestions for improvement. How should you react to the criticism?
17. This element will enable the sender to determine whether the message has been received and understood.
7. One example of nonverbal communication is tone.
An aptitude test tests ___.
We need to remember that we cannot convince everyone with what we believe in.
Communication is ___________.
It means to translate an idea into language___
It refers to the one who develops the message to be communicated to either internal or external parties____
The most successful workplace teams _____
To use your voice effectively,
9. Jane stole Maria's marketing strategies and presented them to their boss, which made her a candidate for promotion.
In Business Communication, the term ________ means path.
13. An element of communication that is responsible for decoding the received message into meaningful information.
A company needs to hire people when there is a ____.
This is the first stage of the communication process.
36. The doctor my sister consulted with due to an infection of the chest used examples, illustrations, and analogies to explain her condition. What communication principle did the doctor apply in this scenario?
The word communication originated from the Latin word communicare which means ___________.
The use of clichés is an example of jargon.
Which of the following is the correct format for the date that you will use in writing a letter?
The benefits of voice mail include eliminating unnecessary chit chat, telephone tags, inaccurate messages, and_____.
Conrad and Poole defined communication as the process by which people interactively create, sustain and manage _________.
cc. Vanessa Jaralve, SICC Instructor
Can referencing historical and past functions improve the functional group theory?
How is listening important to communication?
It is the response or reaction given by the receiver to the sender of the message
She is a ___
Which of the following demonstrates the best example when answering a telephone call?
What is the first thing you should do before making a business telephone call?
According to Robert Bales and his colleagues these are the functional issues groups must address.
It is the message sent by receiver in response to the message he received.
It is a Latin word which means “to share” or “to make common.”
To keep up this site, we need your assistance. A little gift will help us alot.Donate
- The more you give the more you receive.Related Subject
Purposive Communication 2
English as a Second Language
Speech Communication 2
Teaching English in the Elementary Grades: Language Arts
Basic Adult Education
Technical Scientific and Business English
Reading and Writing Skills
Kritikal na Pagbasa Pagsulat at Pagsasalita
Social and Professional Issues
Human Behavior in Organization
Initiating Major Organizational Shifts
Certified Nursing Assistant
Shopee 3D Floor
Lazada Smart TV Box