Ctrl + F is the shortcut in your browser or operating system that allows you to find words or questions quickly.
Ctrl + Tab to move to the next tab to the right and Ctrl + Shift + Tab to move to the next tab to the left.
On a phone or tablet, tap the menu icon in the upper-right corner of the window; Select "Find in Page" to search a question.Share Us
Sharing is Caring
It's the biggest motivation to help us to make the site better by sharing this to your friends or classmates.
Provides comprehensive training on the installation, and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems, ensuring optimal performance and energy saving.
Which of the following provides the relationship between the optimum indoor effective temperature and optimum outdoor effective temperature?
49. What location requires all 15- and 20-ampere receptacles to be protected with a ground fault circuit-interrupter?
3. Heavy-duty type lampholders are required on branch-circuits having a rating in excess of:
Where would you expect to find a highpressure liquid within an AC system?
The name of part No. (1) is .......
What is the job of the expansion device?
What does COSHH stand for?
13. Cable tray systems must not be used:
What is the job of the condenser?
What is a heat exchanger that induces condensation on the pressurized refrigerant, so that it changes phase from a gas to a liquid?
16. When a branch circuit feeds both noncontinuous and continuous loads, the circuit must be sized to accommodate 100% of the noncontinuous load plus what percent of the continuous load?
Why must refrigerant be recovered from the A/C system before any A/C parts are replaced?
What happens in the first 1/3 of the condenser?
What is the state of the refrigerant leaving the metering device in a refrigerator?
10. Insulated conductors of No. 6 or smaller intended for use as grounded conductors in a circuit must be either of the following colors:
Exclusively used for carrying materials and shall not carry any person.
What is the temperature of the line at the outlet of the expansion device if you touch it?
15. The total equivalent bend in rigid conduit between pull points (outlet to outlet, fitting to fitting, or outlet to fitting) shall not exceed:
a type of vertical transport equipment that efficiently moves people or goods between floors (levels, decks) of a building, vessel or other structures.Powered by Electric Motors
Most common type of elevator. Elevator cars are pulled by means of rolling steel ropes over a deeply grooved pulley also called sheave.
Most escalator are designed with ____ mm wide steps which allow passengers to move comfortably when carrying luggage and shopping bags
12. Direct buried conductors and cables emerging from grade shall be protected by an enclosure or raceway a distance above ground of no less than:
29. Feeders containing a common neutral are permitted to supply how many sets of 5-wire feeders
Which component squeezes the gas?
The R 134a cylinder color is ........
These lifts are self-contained and can be easily moved to where they are needed.
Which of the following does not mainly a factor of dependency for the degree of warmth or cold?
4. What is the maximum continuous load (in amperes) that can be used on a 240-volt, 20- ampere circuit using two No. 12 AWG conductors with THW insulation?
What is the value of the optimum effective temperature in summer?
What is the temperature of the liquid line if you touch it?
43. Receptacles installed on 15- and 20-ampere branch circuits must always be of what type?
The air conditioning compressor _____________ vaporized refrigerant and allows it to flow to the condenser.
1. The cross-sectional area of three or more THW conductors ina conduit must not exceed what percent of the cross-sectional areaof the conduit?
The state of Refrigerant at point A is ........
- a chemical compound used in an A/C system to remove heat from the evaporator and transfer it to the condenser.
What is the state of the refrigerant leaving the evaporator?
What does MAC stand for?
When leaving the compressor what state is the refrigerant in?
The elevators require regular inspection and maintenance and generally have a life of _____ years.
37. If the apartment complex is expanded to include a total of 40 units with a 12 kW range in each, what is the total kW rating for all the ranges that must be used in calculating the electric service?
The Simple Refrigeration cycle consists of .....
How could you confirm the type ofrefrigerant present in an air conditioning system?
What is the temperature of the suction line if you touch it?
The process of lowering the temperature of a substance below that of its surroundings
46. The equipment grounding conductor contacts of receptacles and cord connectors must be grounded by:
38. What demand factor is allowed for a commercial kitchen with one electric appliance?
34. What is the minimum load per each linear foot that must be allowed for show-window lighting?
What do you call the part of a refrigeration system in which the refrigerant absorbs heat and changes from a liquid to a gas.
Every occupant of a high-rise commercial building needs to take lifts at least _____ times a day, in the morning, during lunch and after office hours
What is the value of optimum effective temperature in winter?
- to remove refrigerant from an A/C system and store it temporarily.
What is the job of the evaporator?
28. Feeders containing a common neutral are permitted to supply how many sets of 4-wire feeders?
Assuming normal atmospheric pressure atwhat temperature would R134a boil?
2. What is the minimum size THW copper conductor that may be used on a 30-ampere branch circuit?
22. A 125-volt single-phase, 15- or 20-ampere receptacle be installed for the servicing of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment must be installed within what distance from the equipment?
Which of these is NOT a refrigerant used in automotive A/C sytems?
40. When outside overhead wiring is used, with no messenger cable, what is the minimum size aluminum wire allowed for spans up to 50 feet?
When the heat stored in the body is ________ the human body feels comfortable.
42. What is the minimum size conductor allowed for festoon lighting?
What is the compressor known as?
What state is the refrigerant in when leaving the compressor?
are the moving step type lifts operating at constant speed between two levels in an inclined course for moving large number of people in a short time
- any of the various designs of fittings that allow service tools such as manifold gauges to be attached to an A/C system.
a valve that controls the flow of refrigerant, changing it from a high pressure liquid to a low pressure gas
6. Branch circuits in two-family or multifamily dwellings required for the purpose of central lighting, central alarm, signal, communications, or other needs for public or commercial areas shall:
Where does the low pressure liquid become a gas?
The name of part No (3) is...........
20. How many receptacle outlets are required in a residential garage?
In what state is the refrigerant when it exits the condenser?
If contamination within an air conditioning system is suspected and a flushing procedure is to be carried out what component should also be changed?
The state of Refrigerant at point C is ........
The name part (2) is ...........
Where would you expect to find a high pressure liquid within an AC system?
The name of part No (4) is...........
The machine room and the escalator hoistway shall be finished with mortar or other materials so as to prevent concrete dust.
Which system has moving parts?
Which of the following would be carriedout to confirm a system contained no refrigerant?
Which engine driven device compresses refrigerant and pumps it through the air conditioning system?
24. How many lighting outlets must be installed at or near heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment in attics or underfloor spaces?
How would you know the air con gas hasbeen fully recovered from the system?
a dynamic and responsive architecture that provides every occupant with productive, cost-effective and environmentally approved conditions through a continuous interaction among its basic elements; Places, Process, People, Management, Interrelation between them.
9. The NEC allows wall-switch controlled receptacles in dwelling units in lieu of lighting outlets in all habitable rooms except:
45. Receptacles and cord connectors that have equipment grounding conductor contacts must have those contacts:
The heat production from a normal healthy man when asleep is about _________
- an A/C system component into which high-pressure liquid refrigerant flows and is temporarily stored and dehydrated, usually located between the condenser outlet and expansion valve.
This removes pressure from the liquid refrigerant to allow expansion or change of state from a liquid to a vapor in the evaporator
35. What percent of fixed electric space heating loads must be used in calculating the total connected load on a branch circuit or feeder?
What does a TXV do?
Automatic centralized control of a building's HVAC and otherinterrelated system.
A chemical compound that is used as the heat carrier, which changes from gas to liquid and then back to gas in the refrigeration cycle
50. Which one of the following is not allowed to supply branch circuits?
In the evaporator, refrigerant is under very low pressure and is much colder than the air inside of the vehicle. Because of this, heat transfers from the ________ to the _______, causing the refrigerant to _______.
7. EMT must be supported within what distance from an outlet box, junction box, device box, cabinet, conduit body or other terminations?
The state of Refrigerant at point B is ........
33. Where a feeder conductor supplies continuous loads, the rating of the overcurrent device shall not be less than the noncontinuous load plus 125% percent of the continuous load except?
elevators which are powered by a piston that travels inside a cylinder.
39. When outside overhead wiring is used, with no messenger cable, what is the minimum size copper wire allowed for spans up to 50 feet?.
Designed to achieve the environmental requirements of the comfort of occupants and a process.
What are the impacts on the environmentof fluorinated greenhouse gases?
Adding pressure to a liquid _______ its boiling point. Adding pressure to a vapor _______ its temperature.
If contamination within an airconditioning system is suspected and a flushing procedure is to be carried outwhat component should also be changed?
31. Which one of the following voltages is not standard?
In a typical system, within whichcomponent would the evaporation of refrigerant take place?
An electric motor shall not drive more than _____ escalator.
What is the temperature of the discharge line if you touch it.
a compound typically found in either a fluid or gaseous state. It readily absorbs heat from the environment and can provide refrigeration or air conditioning when combined with other components such as compressors and evaporators.
19. How many receptacles are required in a residential hallway 12 feet in length?
47. When existing nongrounding types of receptacles need replacing, what type of receptacle must be used?
18. A 20-ampere laundry circuit is always required in each:
The state of Refrigerant at point D is ........
The effective temperature increases with a decrease in relative humidity at the same DBT.
What is the state of the refrigerant entering the compressor?
5. A 30-ampere branch circuit may supply fixed lighting units in:
- a heat exchanger, in which low-pressure refrigerant flows and changes state, absorbing heat from the surrounding air and cools the passenger compartment.
Which of the following is true about the optimum effective temperature for human comfort?
27. Feeders containing a common neutral are permitted to supply how many sets of 3-wire feeders?
44. What is the maximum voltage allowed to supply listed electric-discharge lighting in residences, hotels, motels and similar occupancies?
30. Service conductors run above the top level of a window shall be permitted to be less than the _____ requirement.
How should R134a be stored to meet safetyrequirements?
_________ are the devices that monitor their environment and record or send that information (data) to a computer processor.
48. When receptacles are connected to circuits having different voltages, frequencies, or types of current (ac or dc) on the same premises, what precautions must be taken?
A speed governor shall be provided in the escalator, the operation of which will cause the interruption of power to the driving machine should the speed of the steps exceed a pre-determined value, which shall be not more than ____% above the rated speed.
The main components of the Air conditioning system are
14. EMT shall be supported at least every:
8. All 125-volt, single-phase, 15- or 20-ampere receptacle outlets installed in bathrooms of dwelling units always require:
25. How are the lighting outlets installed at or near heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment in attics or underfloor spaces be controlled?
41. Where outdoor pendant-type lampholders have terminals that puncture conductor insulation to make contact with the conductor, what type of wire must the conductor be?
11. Holes in wood studs for cables must be drilled in the center of the stud and a distance from the nearest edge of not less than:
26. The lighting outlets installed at or near heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment in attics or underfloor spaces be controlled by a switch. Where must the switch be located?
The rated speed Of Escalators shall be not more than 0.64 m/s except that higher speeds may be permitted subject to the approval of the enforcing authority.
23. A 125-volt single-phase, 15- or 20-ampere receptacle be installed for the servicing of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. The receptacle outlet shall not be connected to the ___ side of the equipment disconnecting means
What type of refrigerant is R134a?
When the hospital elevator can be made accessible at any other level which is accessible by means of an elevator with a minimum width of ____ mm
21. In what location must a 125-volt single-phase, 15- or 20-ampere receptacle be installed for the servicing of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment?
32. Where a feeder conductor supplies continuous loads, the rating of the overcurrent device shall not be less than the noncontinuous load plus what percent of the continuous load?
Escalator Inspection are required once a year.
a device, similar to a radiator, in which the refrigerant loses heat and changes state from a high-pressure gas to a high-pressure liquid as it dissipates heat to the surrounding air.
What does a Thermal Xpansion Valve do?
36. If four 12 kW electric ranges are used in a four-unit apartment complex, what is the total kW rating that must be used for all of these ranges in calculating the electric service?
17. The branch-circuit load for a single 12-kilowatt (12 kW) electric range in a dwelling is:
To keep up this site, we need your assistance. A little gift will help us alot.Donate
- The more you give the more you receive.Related Subject
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Food Service Management
Credit and Collection
Nursing Interventions: Ineffective Breathing Pattern
Respiratory Care Science
Kitchen and Bath Specialty
Industrial Electronics Maintenance
Computer Support Technician
System Analysis Design and Development
Property Management System
Information Systems Operations and Maintenance
Software Engineering 2
Electronics Engineering Technology
Data Communications and Networking
Data Communications and Networking 3
Shopee 3D Floor
Lazada Smart TV Box